Well, it happened — I’ve all but taken Cheetos to the next level of snack-awesomeness. These Cheetos bombs are super bright orange, and it’s spectacular. Oh, there’s no hiding this evidence, so just sit back and give in. Don’t bother trying to turn away, or acting like you never saw this... it won’t work. Of all the tasty, and, um, crazy things I’ve bombed around here, these little balls of beauty might hold the title of “craziest," and most delicious. I’m talking about buttery pillows of puffed dough, filled with the meltiest, and creamiest cheese, just waiting to grace your lips with pleasure, and bright orange "evidence." And I haven’t even gotten to the Cheetos part yet, so sit down.
Not only are these melt-in-your-mouth bombs the bomb-diggity as is, but they’re taken to levels unheard of until now, with the addition of our favorite snack that tattles on you... yep, I’m talking about that day-glo orange. There is no lying about what you just ate... CHEETOS! And wow — talk about a flavor boost.
Each bomb is double-coated in Cheetos, just to be sure that there’s no doubt about what the incredible treat is that you’re eating. Jazz up any day, any party, or any weekend at home on the couch with these babies… trust me.
What you’ll need:
- 1 container of Pillsbury biscuits (8 count) — I used the smaller biscuits this time
- 2 cups Cheetos, crushed
- 8 one-inch cubes of fresh, soft mozzarella
- Oil for frying (I used canola)
1. Crush up the Cheetos. I used a food processor, but muscles will work.
2. Gently stretch out a biscuit, and place a cube of the cheese inside, making sure to seal it up very well.
3. Roll the stuffed biscuit balls in the crushed Cheetos, evenly covering them with crumbs.
4. Now, fry them up in the hot (350 degree) oil, until they’re puffed and golden. Then, coat them a second time in those crushed Cheetos crumbs for a final flavor kick in the pants. Serve them warm
Images: Oh Bite It