Rice Krispies Treat Cheesecake Is A Dessert Hybrid You Can Totally Get Behind
When it comes to trendy foods, hybrids are at the top right now. In the past couple of years, we have witnessed the explosion of the cronut, sushi burritos, and even a spaghetti and meatball burger. Each one of these recipes combines your favorite ingredients to make the best foods even better. So what is the next big thing in food hybrids? Rice Krispies cheesecake, of course!
That's right — take the Rice Krispies treats you loved during your childhood (and probably still love today even though you are a fancy grownup, to be honest), and use them as your cheesecake crust. Then, prepare to be blown away. The crunchy cereal perfectly complements the berry creamy (see what I did there?!) smooth cheesecake center. It is the perfect twist on a classic dessert that is always a crowd pleaser. Did I mention you can make it in three simple steps? There is really no excuse not to take a break from the daily grind to make something your friends are all sure to enjoy — I know mine did! Get your bakin’ and refrigeratin’ on with the recipe below. It's totally going to change the way you see Rice Krispies for good.
For the cheesecake:
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 6 oz. condensed milk
- 1/4 cup berries, pureed
For the crust:
- Your favorite Rice Krispies treat recipe
- Baking spray
1. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Mix on medium speed for about four minutes. Add in the milk and sugar. Mix on medium speed for two additional minutes.
2. Add berries into a mixing bowl, and mix on medium speed until they are no longer solid (think the fruit in your yogurt).
3. Line your sprayed springform pan with Rice Krispies, coating the sides and bottom like you would a crust. Pour in the cheesecake filling, and refrigerate for two hours or until set.
4. Slice into pieces, and enjoy!