This Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cone Milkshake Is The Perfect, Most Delicious Way To Say Goodbye To Summer — Recipe
If you are on Instagram (seriously though, who isn't?), you've definitely seen those incredible milkshakes from Australia topped with doughnuts, filled with Nutella, and overflowing with goodness. They're currently taking over everyone's newsfeeds, and I have yet to hear a single complaint about that. The only issue I have with these shakes is that I'm not in Australia. That's why I've decided to take matters into my own hands, and create my own delicious cookie dough milkshake that's just as epic as anything else I've seen floating around on the Internet. It's the perfect, most glorious way you can say goodbye to summer (but I mean, if you wan to make these year-round too, I totally understand).
In under five minutes, you can have this masterpiece yourself. All you need is some ice cream, hot fudge, an ice cream cone, cookies, and a mason jar to serve it in. Now the only issue is you're still not on a beach in Australia...
But I digress. If you want to make even more milkshakes, follow the recipe below for a basic shake, and top it with other desserts such as brownies, cookie dough cinnamon rolls, s'mores pop-tarts, or truthfully anything else you'd like! With these babies, you can't go wrong.
- 2 cups cookie dough ice cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Cookies, crumbled
- Hot fudge
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Ice cream cone
- Ice cream
1. In a blender, combine ice cream, vanilla, milk, and sugar. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour half the milkshake into a mug. Pour a layer of hot fudge onto the milkshake. Pour in the rest of the milkshake, and top off the rim with more hot fudge. Place in the freezer.
3. In a mixing bowl, melt chocolate chips for 15 seconds in the microwave. Stir and repeat until they are melted. Dip the top of an ice cream cone into the chocolate. Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto the chocolate, and place everything in the freezer on parchment paper for five minutes.
4. Remove everything from the freezer, and place the cone into the milkshake. Top with more ice cream in the cone, and enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes