Of all our favorite '90s snacks we've reinvented, these circus cookie bars are by far our favorite. Made with the pastel frosted animal cookies of our youth and topped with sprinkles and a white chocolate chip ganache, these are pretty much the best tasting throwback you will ever experience.
When we are dreaming up our perfect snack, we often go back to our childhood, and think about what we enjoyed the most then. After all, those were the days of not even knowing what a cavity was, and thinking sugar cured everything. (Well — that last one I still somewhat believe.) It was this nostalgic thinking that led us to create our Dunkaroo cake, Lucky Charm pancakes, Thin Mint ice cream sandwiches, and so many others.
But as for these circus cookie bars? There is no excuse not to make these — especially if you are a child of the '90s, and you now are old enough to buy all the sugary ingredients on your own without begging mom to do so for you. Plus, these treats are no-bake, and take only 30 minutes total to make. So now, get ready to enjoy the memories that come flooding back with these bars!
- Three-quarters cup circus animal cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Three-quarters cup granulated sugar
- Half cup light brown sugar
- One and a half cups all purpose flour
- 2.5 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- One-quarter cup sprinkles
For the ganache:
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- One-quarter cup heavy whipping cream
- Circus animal cookies
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Square cake pan
- Small bowl
- In a mixing bowl, combine both sugars and flour. Stir to combine.
- Add in the milk, vanilla, and butter, and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Crush up the cookies into small chunks, and pour into dough. Add in sprinkles, and again, stir to combine.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper so it hangs over all four sides. Pour dough into the pan, and smooth it out with a spatula until even.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips. Melt for 15 second intervals until melted. Add in cream, and stir until smooth. Pour over dough.
- Immediately top with more sprinkles and cookies. Refrigerate until 20 minutes before serving. Slice, and enjoy!