Bacon-Wrapped Caramel Apples Are The Ultimate Fall Treat You Never Knew You Needed — RECIPE
Hey there, bacon lovers! Looking for the ultimate fall treat? Food blogger Oh Bite It's bacon-wrapped caramel apples give your favorite seasonal snack a crispy, delicious makeover you never saw coming. Get the full recipe below, and get ready to experience an epic flavor showdown.
Well, I just had to do it. I had to incorporate bacon into a fall-flavored treat somehow — and I did, with this bacon-wrapped caramel apple recipe. Poor bacon seems to get left out of all the pumpkin and fall festivities every year, so I decided to come to its rescue... and I am glad I did.
After all, bacon makes everything better... including apples! Oh, and caramel too... bacon also makes caramel much better. The balance of flavors and textures are incredible, and these babies will satisfy any and every craving you might have, at any given time, on any day. Nothing like a crisp apple with some sweet and chewy caramel lovingly wrapped all around it, snuggled together as one by that smoky and salty, crispy bacon! I think it is safe to say that this recipe is heaven on a stick — yep, that is a glorious promise that each bite proves to be true!
What You'll Need:
- Apples (about six medium)
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 bag of Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- Candy apple sticks
1. Melt the caramels according to the bag's instructions.
2. Insert a stick into each apple, and gently dip them into the melted caramel, making sure to let the excess drip away.
3. Place them onto some wax paper for a couple of seconds to cool a bit and slightly set up.
4. Now, carefully form each slice of freshly made bacon around the caramel apples, pushing it carefully so it sticks. This isn’t the cleanest job, but it’s SO worth it!
5. Let them set up if you can, or just dig in! Enjoy!
<img alt="" src="http://www.ohbiteit.com/wp-content/plugins/lazy-load/images/1x1.trans.gif" class="article-body-image"/>
Images: Oh Bite It (2)