A Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bar Recipe That Is The Ultimate Salty And Sweet Snack
If ever there was the ultimate on-the-go treat, it is this peanut butter chocolate granola bar recipe. That's because peanut butter and chocolate go together like, well, peanut butter and jelly. It is the #SquadGoals flavor combo of the food world. Seriously, the duo is the perfect sweet and salty combination we all so desperately crave pretty much all day long, and there is a much better way to get your fix rather than dunking a chocolate bar into a jar of peanut butter (although to be honest, that sounds pretty fab). Where do you start? Not to worry — I have got the perfect recipe (it's even good for you — say what!).
Whoever says granola bars can’t double as a healthy snack and decadent dessert obviously hasn’t tried these. Packed with nuts, peanut butter, granola, and drizzled with dark chocolate, these bars make for the ultimate satisfying treat. Trying to have a healthy week of eating? Make a batch to grab for breakfast on the go, or to fulfill your sweet and salty late night cravings. They are super easy to make, and you probably have most of the ingredients already in your pantry. In other words, no excuses! Give this recipe a shot, asap.
- 1 cup old-fashioned whole grain oats, toasted
- 1/3 cup almond/walnut mixture (I was using ingredients I had in the house, so I used wasabi almonds and chopped walnuts)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup and 1 tbsp. peanut or almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Microwavable cup
- Baking pan
- Microwavable bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour oats onto a baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine toasted oats, sunflower seeds, rice cereal, raisins, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Place peanut butter in a microwavable cup for one minute in 20 second intervals. Add honey and vanilla. Stir, and pour into the bowl with the other ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour everything into a baking pan, and press down with a spatula so ingredients are tightly packed into the pan.
- Melt chocolate for 30 second intervals until smooth. Drizzle over the pan, and place in the fridge for four hours. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Images: Public Lives, Secret Recipes (3)
Text: Melanie Nitowsky for Public Lives, Secret Recipes