If you are looking for the ultimate no-bake dessert, look no further than these peanut butter chocolate ganache bars. These are pretty much a new take on my granola bars, except the ratio is flip-flopped. You're welcome for that by the way. They are a perfect excuse for you to justify eating chocolate for breakfast. As if you needed an excuse.
On another note, how, one might ask, did I cut that ganache so smoothly that it didn’t get all over the knife, counter, and granola? The trick to that is wetting the knife with warm water, cleaning it off in between slicing, and repeating with the water. Oh the tips and tricks you learn when you bake 24/7. Another trick you can do with these bars? Adjust the ratios! Depending on your love for peanut butter or chocolate, you can easily adjust the ratios to make them more heavily peanut butter focused, or more even. Basically, this is a free-for-all custom Reese's.
Speaking of baking constantly, if you haven’t noticed I’ve been taking peanut butter really serious lately. Sandwiches, pancakes (casually topped with ice cream), even something for my dogs — I can’t stop using it! The combination of flavors in these bars goes together better than, dare I say, PB&J.
- 2 cups rolled oats, toasted
- 1 cup raisins, pureed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line oats on a baking sheet, and toast for 10 minutes.
- Puree the cup of raisins. Combine all bar ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper, leaving excess over the edges for easy removal. Pour bar mixture into the pan, and spread evenly. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat cream in the microwave for roughly three minutes, until bubbling. Pour over chocolate chips, and let it sit for 20 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache over bars, and place in the fridge for one hour, or until set. Sprinkle with sea salt, serve, and enjoy!
Images: Public Lives, Secret Recipes (3)