In Other News, June 5, 2013: Building Collapses, Turkey Detainment, Lies on Wheels
'In Other News' is Bustle's daily roundup of stories we didn't get a chance to write...but still think you should read.
- Activists presented a list of demands they say could end the nationwide anti-governments in Turkey, amid reports that 25 people have been detained for spreading "untrue information" on the web.
- One person is dead and thirteen are injured in Philadelphia after a building set for demolition collapsed onto a Salvation army and sandwich shop.
- The Syrian government's army has retaken a small town called Qusair, a strategic point on the Lebanese border, after an overnight assault. Hundreds were wounded and many rebels are presumed dead.
- A-Rod and Ryan Braun are two of twenty Major League Baseball players who could face suspension in a Miami-area performance-enhancing drug investigation, which could turn out to be one of the largest in history.
- Reports on Google Glass were everywhere today. Yahoo!'s Virginia Heffernan describes life as a Glass-wearing "social pariah," as CNN's Heather Kelly reflects on the news that the Google Glass overseers have now banned porn on the device. How's it supposed to catch on now?
Image: Getty Images