Mini Cinnamon Roll Cereal Is The Sweetest Breakfast You Need To Try — RECIPE
In the latest installment of “Honey I Shrunk The Desserts,” I bring to you this mini cinnamon roll cereal recipe. I think it is pretty clear by now that the cuter the food, the better it tastes! Just take my mini pop-tart cereal or mini doughnut cereal for example. These mini cinnamon rolls are extremely delicious, and can be used for various other things besides cereal. Easy for on-the-go snacking or for a sit-down breakfast, this is one meal worth making.
Using the same recipe as I did for my cinnamon roll cake and cinnamon roll cookie dough, this version just scales down the size, and takes less time to cook. In other words, you can spend more time sleeping in, and not a whole lot of time making breakfast. Win, win! Plus, this is the perfect thing to make for friends at brunch. Can you imagine the looks on their faces when you bring out the cutest homemade mini cinnamon roll cereal? It is impressive enough that you are making your own cereal, but then go ahead and combine it with everyone's favorite breakfast treat, and it is sure to make you very popular amongst the crowd. Check out the simple recipe below.
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup light almond milk (buttermilk will work too!)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tbsp. cinnamon, to taste
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Over low heat, combine butter and milk in a medium saucepan. Stir until the butter is liquid, and then pour mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Let the mixture cool for five minutes, or until the temperature of warm bath water. Add in yeast, and let it activate for 10 minutes.
- Add in one tablespoon of granulated sugar, as well as salt. Stir.
- Add in flour one cup at a time while stirring.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, and knead for one minute. Place a ball of dough into a sprayed mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place it in a warm area to rise until it is doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten dough as thin as you possibly can without it ripping. Slice into one millimeter by two inch pieces, and drizzle filling on. Begin rolling it into a cinnamon roll shape.
- Grease a cake pan, and preheat the oven to 385 degrees. Begin placing mini rolls into the cake pan starting at one side, and filling it with one cinnamon roll next to another.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Let cool completely. Combine icing ingredients in a bowl, and drizzle over cinnamon rolls. Place in milk, or enjoy on their own. Enjoy!
For more cool food ideas, check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes