A DIY Doughnut Wall Is The Sweetest Way To Serve Up Dessert
When I saw this giant DIY doughnut wall at Create + Cultivate, I was in awe. My first thought was that every wall should look like this. Imagine living in a world where every wall was covered in doughnuts? I think we might have found the answer to world peace, people! My second thought, once I realized my first wasn’t so realistic, was how perfect this would be for an event. So I got to work, and realized it is surprisingly simple to create your own DIY doughnut wall. With some tips from my friends over at Lauren’s Lyst, I recreated a mini doughnut wall that is a must for your holiday parties, birthdays, or Friday night in with the girls.
Use store-bought doughnuts, or make your own (bonus points!) to recreate this decorative display. Make sure the canvas board you buy is mounted and can stand on its own. That is essential for making sure the display won’t fall over mid-party, which would be a total bummer. As for the rest of the DIY, it is pretty straightforward. Just gather all of the materials listed below, and it’s only about five steps until you are looking at your very own doughnut wall, too.
What You'll Need:
- 9-12 doughnuts (depending on size of board)
- Pointed edge wooden or metal skewers
- Hot glue gun
- Canvas (mine was 20×20)
1. Purchase or make doughnuts. OK, that was easy!
2. Measure the spots where you’ll be inserting the skewers on the canvas. Mine were all roughly four inches apart.
3. Using the fine tip end of the skewer, gently push it into the canvas. By turning it side to side, gently wiggle the skewer through the canvas so only three inches remain on the side you’ll be placing doughnuts. Repeat with another skewer about three centimeters away for extra support.
4. Warm up your hot glue gun, and place glue all around the back side of the board around the spot where the board meets skewer. This will ensure your skewers stay in place. When in doubt, add more glue!
5. Once glue is dry (two to three minutes), turn around and prop it up in your desired spot. Place doughnuts on the wall, and enjoy!
For more adorable food ideas, check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images & Tutorial: Public Lives, Secret Recipes