Peppermint Cheesecake With Cocoa Pebbles Pie Crust Is The Ultimate No-Bake Holiday Dessert
Possibly my favorite holiday flavor is peppermint. Add that to something chocolate, and I’m hooked. So while brainstorming a dessert for a holiday party, I couldn’t let go of the idea of this tasty combination — peppermint cheesecake with a Cocoa Pebbles pie crust. I decided to take one of my all-time favorite cereals, Cocoa Pebbles, and turn it into a “pie crust,” if you will. After combining it with marshmallows and some butter (totally necessary!), I then molded it along the shape of a springform pan. Just like that you have your pie crust! Easy peasy, which is perfect for when you’re rushing between work and that holiday party. Truth be told, the most time consuming part of this recipe is going to the grocery store to get the ingredients. Luckily, you can now purchase Post Cereals online, which makes this recipe a no-brainer!
I filled my Cocoa Pebbles pie crust with a super simple cheesecake infused with crushed peppermint. If you’re not a fan of cheesecake, don’t fret! You can fill it with a pre-made cake (just make sure the sizing will work), ice cream, egg-free cookie dough, or even a pre-made pie filling. Post just released a new cereal, Ice Cream Pebbles, that I’m DYING to try! Imagine how tasty that would be as a pie crust with actual ice cream in the middle?!
For the crust:
- 1 11 oz. box of Cocoa Pebbles
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 3 tbsp. butter
For the filling:
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint/candy cane
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in marshmallows. Stir continuously until melted.
- Line a medium mixing bowl with butter. Pour an entire bag of Cocoa Pebbles into the bowl. Add in marshmallow mixture. Stir until each piece is covered in marshmallow.
- Let cool for five minutes. While cooling, spray a springform pan with baking spray.
- Pour Cocoa Pebbles mixture into the springform pan. Spread it along the bottom and sides of the pan until completely covered. Press down with your hands to secure Pebbles into place.
- While the mold is setting, in a separate mixing bowl combine all filling ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth (low-medium speed).
- Pour filling into the Pebbles pie mold, and spread with a spatula until smooth.
- Refrigerate for one hour, or until the filling and crust have set. Release the side of the springform, serve, and enjoy!
For more amazing recipes and ideas, check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes