Who Made The Threat To L.A. Schools?

On Tuesday morning, all schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District were closed following an unspecified threat. But who made the threat to L.A. schools? In the past month, mass shootings have been enacted in this country by a white man at a Planned Parenthood, a radical Islamic couple at a facility for disabled persons, and a disturbing number of other perpetrators in various locations, for different reasons. The more recent spate of mass shootings appear to have been largely motivated by religious or political reasons, and so the instinct in any new occasion of terror or terror threat is to wonder if this is more of the same.

But as of yet, there is no information on who made this threat to LAUSD. The LA Times says that a bomb threat, sent in electronic form to a board member after being routed electronically through Germany, threatened numerous campuses. This prompted the school shutdown and an investigation by authorities. The LAPD confirmed that all schools were closed and that they were further looking into the matter. School bus drivers told Eyewitness News 7 that they had been called back to their bus depots, and students and staff were told to stay away from LAUSD campuses.

LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines said of the incident, "I think it's important to take this precaution based on what has happened recently and what has happened in the past."

New York City apparently received a similar threat but said it was a "hoax."

This story is developing...