Taco Nachos Bring Together Your Two Favorite Foods In The Best Way Possible
You love tacos, and you love nachos, so these taco nachos by Oh Bite It are pretty much the closest thing to perfection your taste buds will ever experience. Grab some tacos, grab some cheese, and get ready to eat up.
Is there anything better than nachos? I mean, really? What can be better than a giant pile of chips, cheese, and tons of nacho fixins? It’s hard to imagine anything better, until — until you imagine that pile of chips morphing into tacos. That’s right... say goodbye to the chips folks, because they’re going away. At least, for now…
Tacos should become a replacement for all things "chip" if you ask me. They are basically meat (or whatever)-stuffed chips anyway, and what a super fun WOW factor to bring to the table. And I mean “WOW” literally, since that is all you will hear when you serve these taco nachos — WOW.
Each easy-to-scoop bite is now a no-break chip zone as the tacos provide flavor and function with their extreme taste and strength. No more breaking those chips mid-scoop. Oh no — these tacos won’t let you or your cheese down. And as a bonus you get to eat tacos. Make LOTS!
What You'll Need:
- 12 tacos (I used Taco Bell, because Taco Bell. Order them with NO lettuce.)
- 1 cup of refried beans
- 1 cup cheddar
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Salsa — as much as you'd like
- Jalapenos, tomatoes, sour cream, hot sauce, and shredded lettuce for toppings, to taste. Add anything else you like on your nachos
1. First, cut the tacos into four equal chip-shaped pieces. This works well if the tacos have been in the fridge for a while.
2. Now, simply start building that amazing taco nacho tower. Start with a layer of tacos, and add some of the beans and salsa.
3. Then move onto the glue of life — CHEESE. I started with the mozzarella.
4. Continue the layers until you run out of toppings and/or your taco nacho tower starts to show signs of structural weakness and possible collapse.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes, or until you just can’t take waiting any longer. Let it cool for a sec (come on — you can do it!). Then, serve that meaty monstrosity up with all those famous nachos fixins. You'll be in taco-nacho heaven. Go ahead and grab this one — do it!
Looking for more great food ideas? Check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images: Oh Bite It