It's one thing to put California's former governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, in a long haired wig and mustache to go undercover, but it's another to think that gym patrons wouldn't recognize the Governator's heavy accent the moment he opened his mouth. In an attempt to raise money for the After-School All-Stars program, Schwarzenegger went undercover at Gold's Gym to offer some friendly training advice in Venice, CA.
Thankfully the entire visit was documented on camera, and what went down made our eyes water from laughing so hard. Not only was the Terminator actor super creepy (startling women as they casually drink water at the drinking fountain), but the advice he offered was too ingenious not to reiterate.
Below are the top six best pieces of training advice Schwarzenegger gives while undercover as Howard, a physical fitness instructor at Gold's Gym.
1. "Remember, 75 percent of the body is water," he says to a skeptical gym-goer as she tries to get in a few sips of water in between Schwarzenegger's intimidating stares. "Keep drinking," he demands. "Because we are not finished yet with the water drinking."
2. To a woman using an arm sculpting machine, he reassures: "When it burns, it grows. Remember that." To which she responds, "You look familiar to me..."
3. Back to the girl at the drinking fountain: "Remember we do everything in reps. So you've done two reps of water drinking, we usually do ten reps of everything so do another rep of water drinking."
4. "You have elbows, and you have knees, so touch them!" he says to a woman on the floor doing crunches. "Very niiiiice," he applauds.
5. "Stop being a baby! This is Gold's Gym, not a baby's gym."
6. "The food supplements, the psychology, the mind, the body — what is the most important part? The weight training!" he says to a gym patron. "That's right baby!" the patron responds. "Howard is my name," says Schwarzenegger.
Watch the full video below: