How To Make Buncha Crunch From Scratch And Bring Your Favorite Movie Theater Snack To Life In 3 Steps
The combination of salty and sweet is one that almost everyone craves at some point in time. That's why this homemade Buncha Crunch recipe, when combined with popcorn, is pretty much the best snack ever. It doesn’t come as much of a surprise that moviegoers are obsessed with the combination of popcorn and Buncha Crunch. Throw some of the candies into freshly buttered, warm popcorn, and you are in for a delight — trust me. If you haven’t tried the combination before, it’s one I highly suggest!
Despite how delicious movie theater popcorn is, it’s often loaded with excess bad-for-you ingredients, and is only available, well, at the movie theater. So, when you are three seasons deep in Friends, and have left a permanent dent in your bed from lying there all weekend long (who me?! never…), what’s a girl to do other than create the recipe herself at home? I used SkinnyPop popcorn as the base for my snack, and followed the two-ingredient recipe below to create the copycat Buncha Crunch recipe. This recipe makes enough to make two large bowls of popcorn (using only one bag of SkinnyPop), or you can throw all the chocolate into one bowl if you’re looking for a sweeter treat!
- 3/4 cup crisped rice cereal
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Pour crisped rice cereal into a plastic zipper bag. Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a microwavable measuring cup for 30 seconds. Repeat for an additional 15 seconds, stirring in between, until smooth. Pour chocolate into a bag with cereal, and seal to close. Shake until the cereal is covered in chocolate. Pour mixture onto parchment paper. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate, and drizzle it over the chocolate-covered cereal. Place it in the fridge for 10 hours. Break apart, serve in popcorn, and enjoy.
For more ideas, check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes