In the past I have made mini Pop-Tart cereal (the OG), mini doughnut cereal, and mini cinnamon roll cereal — and now I present to you mini brownie cereal. It's just one more recipe that gives you an excuse to eat desserts all day long. You are welcome!
I created this recipe using a flourless brownie recipe I’ve previously used for cookies. Don't be intimidated by this recipe, because it's surprisingly super easy and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. The key to this recipe is that you want the brownies to be crunchy, not fudgy. That way, when added to milk they don’t become a soggy mess. In fact, I felt really strongly about this cereal possibly getting soggy so I tested it by letting the brownies sit in milk all day long. (Note: you don't have to do this step.) What do ya know, they didn’t get soggy at all! And luckily I didn’t get sick from eating cereal and milk that sat out all day long. The good news is, this cereal is beyond tempting and delicious, so chances are you won’t even let it get to that option of sitting around. Plus, brownies for breakfast. Everyone wins.
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites
- A pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Add in vanilla and egg whites. Stir until absorbed. Add in chocolate chips and again, stir until it's completely mixed into the batter.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour half the batter into the dish, and bake for 20 minutes or until the top begins to crack.
- Let the brownies cool completely, and then scrape them off paper by sliding an offset spatula completely underneath the brownie. Cut into mini .75 x 1 in brownies.
- Serve in a bowl of milk, and enjoy!
For more ideas, check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes