7 Funny St. Patrick's Day Quotes To Get You In The Spirit To Celebrate
When it comes to fun holidays, St. Patrick's Day knows what it's doing. These funny St. Patrick's Day quotes are a sure testament to that fact. After all, what other day of the year requires that you wear all green (lest you be pinched) and has a four leaf clover as its mascot? Exactly.
You can have a lot of fun no matter what city you're in on St. Patrick's Day (though Chicago's green river is hard to beat), especially if you've got the right kind of attitude. So what exactly is the right kind of St. Patrick's Day attitude? Well, I guess it would have to be one where you're excited to eat green eggs and ham and sip on the mandatory pint of Guinness. Yup, it's got to be that kind of attitude.
If you need a little help to get you started, that's where these seven quotes can come in handy. They are also awesome to have on hand if you feel like being the jokester at whichever bar, street parade, or celebration you end up attending on March 17. It's always fun being the life of the party, especially if that party is on St. Patrick's Day.
1. "Why should you never iron a four leaf clover? You don't want to press your luck." — Daryl Stout
2. "The Irish are a fair people — they never speak well of one another." — Samuel Johnson
3. "I showed my appreciation of my native land in the usual Irish way by getting out of it as soon as I possibly could." — George Bernard Shaw
4. "The Irish don't know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it." — Sidney Littlewood
5. "In Ireland the inevitable never happens and the unexpected constantly occurs." — Sir John Pentland Mahaffy
6. "If a man who cannot count finds a four leaf clover, is he lucky?" — Stanislaw J. Lec
7. "That's the Irish all over — they treat a joke as a serious thing and a serious thing as a joke." — Sean O'Casey