Oreo is constantly unveiling new flavors, and its latest one had me very curious: Filled Cupcake Oreos. Naturally, I figured it only made sense to eat the Filled Cupcake Oreo inside well, a filled cupcake, of course. So I did just that: I made chocolate cupcakes that were filled with frosting, topped with chocolate ganache, and swirled with more frosting, all while sitting on a Filled Cupcake Oreo. It is the ultimate filled cupcake recipe that is surprisingly super easy to create.
Although you do have to wait a few minutes to let the cupcakes cool before dipping them in chocolate ganache and icing them, I recommend serving these bad boys warm. Pop ’em in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds, just until the ganache starts to get super shiny, and it will be perfect. The flavors of my favorite cupcake recipe mixed with the Oreos is indescribable. If you ask me, this might just be one of the best Oreo flavors to date. Make a batch of these while Filled Cupcake Oreos are still on shelves, and check out more of my favorite Oreo recipes here. These classic cookies are good on their own, but they get even better when you pair them with your favorite desserts.
For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup & 1 heaping tablespoon of vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 package Filled Cupcake Oreos
For the ganache:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
For the frosting:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients sans Oreos. Stir to combine.
- Line a cupcake tray with liners. Place one Oreo in each cupcake liner. Pour the batter over the Oreo until the cupcake liner is three-quarters of the way full. Bake for roughly 20 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Let them cool completely and then remove from liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients with an electric mixer. Place frosting in a frosting bag with a wide, round tip. Gently stick the tip of the frosting bag into the center of each cupcake, and squeeze until the first sight of frosting appears. Immediately remove and repeat until all cupcakes are filled.
- In a small bowl, microwave the heavy whipping cream until it begins to bubble, roughly one minute. Stir in the chocolate chips immediately until the ganache forms. Dip the top of each cupcake into ganache, and set aside.
- Place a small, round tip onto the frosting bag, and create a repeated loop line from one end of the cupcake to the other. Serve warm and enjoy!
For more ideas, check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes