Learning how to make ice cream yourself may seem like a daunting task, especially when you could just go out and buy some for yourself. But, as this mint chocolate chip recipe proves, going the DIY route almost always tastes better. So, why not give it a shot? It's honestly much easier than you think — and your friends will all be beyond impressed. Plus, think of the Instagram opportunities, am I right?
Mint chocolate chip ice cream has been one of my favorite treats for as long as I can remember. However, it never even crossed my mind to try to create it myself at home. Yet, when I picked up this adorable ice cream container, I knew I had to try something in it. While you can always use a machine to create ice cream, this easy recipe allows you to do just so without any other tools besides a large bowl and a whisk. Perfect for upcoming St. Patrick’s Day (hellooo it’s green!) or for a cozy night in, this ice cream won’t disappoint.
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks, chopped
- 3 drops pure peppermint extract
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- In a large mixing bowl combine extracts, salt, milks, and cream. Stir to combine.
- On a cutting board, finely chop the chocolate. Stir it into the ice cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a sealable container, and place in the freezer for 14 hours. Serve, and enjoy!
For more ideas, check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes