Peeps-Stuffed French Toast By Oh Bite It Puts Those Marshmallow Treats To Use In The Best Way
Love 'em or hate 'em, Peeps are the quintessential treat of the season, so get ready to see those adorable pastel bunnies and chicks at every turn — including the breakfast table. This Peeps-stuffed French toast recipe by Oh Bite It is the most glorious way to turn the sugar-coated marshmallow mainstays into a decadent, rainbow-colored brunch item.
Call me easily amused, but I get such a kick out of doing delicious, and semi-torturous things with and to Peeps. I’m not sure if it stems from the fact that I’d really never think about eating a non-melted/torched, plain old Peep, or if it’s just that I’m one sadistic Peep lover/hater. Either way, it doesn’t matter, because we’re always left with a much better Peep that’s super fun and tasty.
Now, we can bring all of that colorful Peep fun to our breakfast, and make the most important meal of the day also the most fun. There is nothing like warm, melty, fluorescent marshmallows serving as the glue that holds together thick, custardy slices of French toast, right? YAY PEEPS!
Watch as the kids (and by “kids” I mean adults too) go crazy when they see what has happened to their precious Peeps, and their French toast. Make a giant stack, and taste the good times!
What You'll Need:
- Some thick cut French or Italian bread
- Peeps, all colors
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Syrup (optional)
1. Mix up the custard (the milk and eggs).
2. Slice the bread into two-inch slices, and make a shallow cut into the bread, forming a “pocket.” Shove one or two Peeps into the pocket. Dip it into the custard.
3. Grill them up on a buttered grill, until they are golden on all sides, and the Peeps are melty.
4. Stack them up nice and warm and gooey. Add a drizzle of syrup and some powdered sugar if you’d like, and dig in.
Images: Oh Bite It