The #90sABook Hashtag Is, Like, Totally Hilarious — See The Best Tweets
There are few things I love as much as I love reading books, but reminiscing over the '90s is one of those things. Let's be real: it was the best decade for a number of reasons: Lisa Frank, Legends of the Hidden Temple, platform sneakers, Dream Phones, Clueless, Rice Krispies Treats cereal... I could go on and on and on. And, of course, my love of books is well-documented.
Luckily, my love for the '90s and my love of books came together in a spectacular fashion on Thursday afternoon when one brilliant Twitter hashtag went viral: #90sABook. Readers, bookstores, and publishers all chimed in with their wackiest, most hilarious suggestions, and I liked or retweeted pretty much every single one. Some of my favorite authors — including Victoria Aveyard, Sabaa Tahir and Maureen Johnson — also joined in on the fun, celebrating some of the most memorable '90s institutions: The Backstreet Boys, Full House, gel pens, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and more.
If you haven't already, you should totally skim the tag over on Twitter. Or, you can scroll through a few of the tweets that had me laughing out loud below. Share your own on Twitter!
1. Soundgarden Experienced A Resurgence In Popularity
2. Your Favorite Pens Got A Shout Out
3. The Slang Of The Era Was Fondly Remembered
4. AC Slater And Sylvia Plath Came Together In One Amazing Tweet
5. The Backstreet Boys Were Rightfully Celebrated
6. ...As Were The Spice Girls
7. We Got The Vanilla Ice & George R.R. Martin Remix We Never Knew We Needed
8. We Introduced The Children Of The '00s To Nirvana
9. Full House Got An Unexpected Location Change
10. Finally, The Great Gatsby Got An Amazing '90s Musical Update
Bravo, Internet. You've outdone yourself today. Reward yourself by reading one of these book series from the '90s.
Images: Paramount Pictures