Magical melting chocolate ball desserts are all the rage these days, and today I am teaching you how to make a melting chocolate ball without baking anything, and in under an hour. The only part of this recipe you truly need to make is the cookie dough. I used my egg-free cookie dough recipe so it was safe to enjoy raw. Other than that, you just need to melt some chocolate, and pour some chocolate. Feel free to fill this chocolate ball with whatever you’d like: nuts, fresh fruit, brownies, or get extra fancy and fill it with cookie dough ice cream balls.
This dessert has been popping up all over restaurants and social media lately but to be honest, it’s not even necessary to leave your home in order to enjoy it. That is, unless you don’t have the ingredients or supplies at home, in which case, a trip to the store might be in order. The recipe below for these chocolate balls makes about four of them, and costs under $10, the typical price of just one of these desserts at a restaurant. So, not only are you living life deliciously, you are doing so on a budget, too.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Egg-free cookie dough
- Hot fudge
- Round plastic hollow ornament
- In a microwavable safe mixing bowl, melt chocolate chips for 30 second increments until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate evenly into each ornament. Close the ornaments, and shake them until the entire surface is covered. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Set one scoop of ice cream and an equal amount of cookie dough directly in the center of your serving plate. Once your ornament is ready, carefully open and remove the solidified chocolate ball.
- Warm a microwavable safe bowl for one minute. Carefully rub the bottom of the ball on the bottom of the bowl until a hole opens up. Continue until the hole is big enough to fit the ice cream and cookie dough.
- Place the chocolate ball over the ice cream and cookie dough, and decorate with more cookie dough around it. Pour hot fudge over to break the ball. Serve and enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes