You want a rustic-chic wedding, a charming mix of homespun and elegant accoutrements; your significant other wants a white-tie wedding at the tippy-top of high taste. You want an extended cocktail hour affair, complete with cycle-through stations of endless apps and signature sips and bridesmaids clad in pared-down, stylish separates; your partner wants a four-course sit down dinner ending with a multi-tiered buttercream confection. At the end of the day, finding your wedding style can be a super tedious task, but it's also a great opportunity to work together and master the makings of your perfectly-you big day.
The best way to establish your signature couple style is to mix both your personalities, and allow your day-to-day lives to guide you. For example, if getting all dolled up isn't your cup of tea, by all means don't feel pressured to host an extravagant or overly formal fête. No one ever said a wedding has to be black-tie to be meaningful. Likewise, you also don't have to spend all your spare time DIY'ing every last detail in order for your wedding to be special; maybe you'd both rather hire a wedding pro to design your celebration, so all you have to do is show up and look the part.
While there isn't a fool-proof formula for making your wedding a complete reflection of you as a couple, the process doesn't need to be torturous. In fact, before things get too crazy with the planning (and it will, for sure), take a moment with your guy or girl and brainstorm ways to make your nuptials one-of-a-kind. We've rounded up 10 questions that can help you and your S.O. establish your couple wedding style. Don't worry, there's NO wrong answer.
1. What vibe do you want your wedding to have? Do you want a more intimate affair, or a huge party? Rustic, or black-tie? It can also be a blend.
2. How would you describe your personal styles? Are you a couple who lives and breathes over anything free-spirited and bohemian, do you prefer glammed-up gatherings, or are you polished and nautically-inclined prepsters?
3. What do you love to do together?
4. What's unique about you as a couple and as individuals?
5. Are there certain colors you absolutely love... or hate?
6. Are there any traditional elements you think your wedding must have?
7. What are some places you've been (either traveled to, or even favorite restaurants) that have a style or vibe you really like?
8. What's the decor style of your home?
9. How do you define yourselves? Adventurous world travelers? Coffee shop aficionados? Are you passionate about the environment? SoulCycle diehards? Are you morning or night people?
10. If you could use only one word to describe the type of big day you want, what would it be?
Happy planning, nearlyweds!
Want more awesome wedding advice? Download the Loverly perfect planner app to chat with a Loverly Wedding Concierge.
Images: Unsplash; Giphy