This Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe Is The Early Taste Of Summer You Deserve
Inspired by my cookie dough ice cream sandwich recipe and warmer temperatures ahead, I decided it was time to try making a new ice cream sandwich recipe. That's where this amazing brownie ice cream sandwich comes in. After all, our summers are spent with at least one ice cream cone a day, and since it is not quite that warm out yet, a warm brownie seemed like the perfect middleman for this job. Two full brownies as the “buns” and smooth ice cream in the center? I have a feeling this recipe is one I will be making a lot this summer — and really, all year long. It doesn't get much better than brownies, you guys.
Using the brownie recipe from my brownie cookie dough layered cake, I made double the brownies and used full sized ones as both the base and top of the ice cream sandwiches. The end result? A yummy treat that will definitely get you in the mood for all things summer — even if Mother Nature isn't quite there yet. So go ahead and grab your ingredients, because this is one sweet snack you are going to be making on repeat. You are quite welcome.
For the brownie (you'll want to make this recipe twice, or double the ingredients and bake simultaneously in two separate baking dishes for full size ice cream sandwiches):
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted
- 2 large tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 cups chocolate chips (your flavor choice!), melted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
For the filling:
- 1.5 quart ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In separate small bowls, melt both butter and chocolate chips.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper-lined 9x9 baking tray.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. Repeat the entire process. Set aside and let both cool completely.
- Leave one brownie in the pan, and scoop ice cream on top of it. Smooth ice cream with a spatula.
- Lift the parchment paper of the other brownie out of the baking dish. Place the solid brownie from the tray on top of ice cream. Gently press down.
- Freeze the brownie ice cream sandwiches for four to six hours. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
For more ideas, check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes