Food concoctions are constantly taking the Instagram world by storm, and with good reason. First there was the cronut, then your basic avocado toast, then sushi burritos, then colorful grilled cheese, and now? I have come up with one that will surely blow them all away: this sushi burger recipe. It just so happens to be one of my favorite food trends because 1.) I love sushi, and 2.) it is beyond simple to recreate at home.
Now, I have never made sushi before, and honestly, at first the process seemed quite intimidating. However this sushi burger, while it might seem equally intimidating (if not more so), is actually one of the easiest recipes I have ever created. After all, the only ingredient you are responsible for actually cooking is the rice. Follow the instructions on the back of the bag, and you are golden. From there, top it with whatever type of fish you want (feel free to do a veggie option if you prefer!), add sauce, and whatever toppings you would like. Check out my video below for a quick and easy how-to for this recipe. Looking for a healthier sushi option? Check out this cucumber sushi recipe! See? Easy.
- 1 cup sticky rice
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Spicy mayo, to taste
- Black sesame seeds, a pinch
- Pickled ginger, to taste
- Sashimi, roughly five large slices
- Cook rice according to instructions. Let it cool completely.
- Place 1/3 cup of rice in the bottom of a mini springform pan. Press down. Let it sit for five minutes.
- Place 1/3 cup of rice in the bottom of another mini springform pan. Press down. Roll remaining rice into a ball shape, and place it in the center of one mini springform pan. Press just the edges down to create a top "bun" shape. Let sit five minutes.
- Remove bottom "bun" from the pan, and place it on a plate. Top with sashimi, avocado, ginger, and mayo. Remove the top "bun" from the pan, and place it on top of the fillings. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Serve, and enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes