You will find pretty much any excuse to eat dessert for breakfast, but this cereal bowl cake recipe by Public Lives, Secret Recipes is the ultimate way to start the morning. Light, fluffy cake smothered with frosting and topped with a hearty helping of Fruity Pebbles cereal sounds like a dream come true, no matter what time of day you choose to dig in. Follow the recipe below to make this delicious treat for yourself, ASAP.
When I think back to my childhood, the two main treats that come to mind are cake and cereal. As an adult, I still love to indulge in both — which is when I got the idea to hybrid both into one incredible recipe. So I picked up a box of my favorite cereal, Fruity Pebbles, and some cake mix, and got to work. While this cake may seem a bit intimidating it is actually super easy to make. All you need is an oven-safe bowl, cake mix (either homemade or from a box), frosting (again, go for homemade or from a can), and Fruity Pebbles. This cake is sure to be a hit amongst all ages, as it truly resembles a giant bowl of cereal.
- Your favorite cake recipe (or box)
- 1 box Fruity Pebbles
- 2 cups of your favorite frosting recipe (or can)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, or according to cake instructions. Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir until smooth.
- Spray an oven-safe mixing bowl. Pour batter into the bowl until it's three-quarters of the way full. Bake it according to cake instructions. Let the cake cool, and gently flip the bowl over to remove the cake. Flip the cake back onto its bottom, and very gently cut a circle in the middle of the cake about three-quarters of an inch from the outside, and about half an inch deep. Use a spoon to help remove the inside.
- Frost the outside and top rim of the cake with a spatula. Fill the center of the cake with Fruity Pebbles (roughly two cups). Serve and enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes