As if I wasn’t already down to watch The CW’s No Tomorrow (you had me at “rom-com about planning for the apocalypse!”), quite possibly my favorite Lip Sync Battle contestant ever is now slated to guest star on the new scripted series. On Monday, E! Online shared an exclusive report that the always wonderful Jenna Dewan Tatum will be on No Tomorrow . The dancer/actress will reportedly appear in an episode that is scheduled to air toward the end of October.
E! Online revealed that the Step Up star will play a “very unexpected” part. Do I, a person who has not seen even a millisecond of this show, have any guesses as to what that could mean? Yes. Yes, I do. When I hear "unexpected role" and "Jenna Dewan Tatum," here is what comes to mind:
- Maybe the character cannot dance?
- Maybe the character hates any and all forms of dance?
- Maybe the character doesn’t even know what dance is?
- Maybe the character is allergic to dance?
- Maybe the character can't point her toes?
- Maybe the character is the opposite of charming?
- Maybe the character is a wet blanket?
- Maybe the character does not seem like someone who would be really fun to hang out with?
- Maybe the character is not someone I wish I was friends with in real life?
All of those things would be truly unexpect— Ah, wait. E! Online offered up some more details:
Dewan Tatum will play Tuesday, a bohemian free spirit whose polyamorous lifestyle leads Xavier and Evie to examine the boundaries of their own relationship.
Got it. Hey, maybe she will play a bohemian free spirit... who has a severe dance allergy?
Welp, that's my bet. No Tomorrow premieres on Tuesday, Oct. 4 on The CW.