Opening up the laptop shouldn't have to mean setting aside the books. Next time you're in the market for some literary tumblr procrastination, click over to these blogs. They're must-follows:
1. Awesome People Reading : The title is pretty self explanatory, but click through to see anyone from Grace Kelly to Andy Warhol to Jackie O. make reading look really good.
2. Bookshelf Porn: Despite the name, I promise this blog is totally SFW... but it will make your lunch break just a little more drool-worthy with these jaw-dropping bookshelves.
3. The Final Sentence: They are on a mission to spoil every book ever, but scrolling through is weirdly inspirational.
4. The Monkeys You Ordered: When you're in the mood for a laugh, click through for these literal captions to The New Yorker cartoons. I guarantee that for once, not one will go over your head.
5. Better Book Titles: They've replaced book titles with what you were really thinking when you read the book... i.e. Les Miserables OR The Pros and Cons of Prisoner Rehabilitation Programs.
6. Times Haiku: If you're feeling nostalgic for that 5-7-5 poem you were probably forced to attempt writing in grade school, enjoy these surprisingly whimsy poems taken straight from the New York Times.
7. Underground New York Public Library: We know you already check out what everyone else on the subway is reading, but now you can do it from the comfort of your computer.
8. Title To Come: Aspiring writers everywhere will appreciate the struggles of writing and publishing a novel reduced to gifs. Plus you can never have too many gifs.
Here's hoping your dashboard is now as awesome as your bookshelf.