Krispy Kreme Krispie Treats by Oh, Bite It Are Exactly What They Sound Like — And Yes, It's Blowing Our Minds
Yeah... this happened! At first, I was a little embarrassed and then I thought, wait — why be ashamed to combine two of the world’s most wonderful things into one SUPER wonderful thing? So here we are — presenting Krispy Kreme Krispie treats! Each bite has sweet surprises of glazed doughnuts throughout, and then that crispy, light crunch of the Rice Krispies follows immediately behind… to die for. There’s no rocket science here. This is basically exactly what it looks like, a magnificent mash up of tender and sweet Krispy Kreme Doughnuts with chewy and fun Rice Krispie treats. For kicks I shaped them back into doughnuts because well… CUTE! And the outcome was everything you imagine it would be, and more. I can’t tell you how amazing these are — you’ll just have to gather the courage and make a batch for yourself. You can thank me later.
What you’ll need:
- 4 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (or any of your faves)
- 40 REGULAR sized marshmallows, or 4 cups of the minis
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- A 3 ” cookie cutter, and 1" cutter if you’d like to make the doughnut shapes
1. Cube the doughnuts into approximately 1" size.
2. Melt the marshmallows and the butter until smooth. Pour in the Rice Krispies, and gently stir in the doughnuts.
3. Now, pour the mixture into a buttered or sprayed 9x13 pan, smooth it out until it's even, and let it set up for about an hour in a cool spot.
4. Cut them into any shapes you want. Obviously, I like doughnut shapes.
5. Serve them up to a very happy crowd. That means you too! Enjoy!
Images: Oh Bite It (4)