While you were off watching the Emmys, or sobbing at Breaking Bad , or laughing at the series finale of Dexter , some important developments were happening in the world of MTV's Teen Mom franchise: According to Us Weekly, former Teen Mom 2 star Kailyn Lowry tied the knot this weekend, marrying boyfriend Javi Marroquin at an aquarium in Camden, N.J.
Since your invite probably got lost in the mail, here are some of the deets about what you missed out on:
- Lowry's 3-year-old son, Isaac — who Teen Mom 2 fans will recognize from the show — gave her away
- Lowry and Marroquin wrote their own vows
- Somehow, their wedding did not have a sea theme despite being held in an aquarium
- Lowry and Marroquin had their first dance to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri (a.k.a., the Twilight song)
- Lowry's fellow Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle Evans did not make it to the wedding because she was too busy swimming with dolphins in Florida to go. Evans tweeted Lowry that she'd be texting her about sending a wedding present, though, because everything we've seen of Evans in Teen Mom has just proven how much of a responsible person she really is
How sweet. Apparently, Lowry — who is now 21 — is pregnant again, so she and Marroquin are holding off on a honeymoon until after their baby is born. Congrats to the couple!