Bacon-Fried Mozzarella Sticks By Oh Bite It Will Have Your Mouth Watering In Seconds — Get The Recipe
Sometimes, you just want to wrap everything in bacon, fry it up, plop down on the couch with Netflix, and call it a day, right? RIGHT! That kind of day was the inspiration for this little snack, and by "little snack," I mean these amazing bacon-fried mozzarella sticks (so, not little at all... haha!). There’s really nothing small about bacon or cheese, especially when you put them together and uhhh... fry them, but sometimes you just have to do it. And I did.
Each melty mozzarella stick is perfectly balanced with smoky, crispy bacon that hugs it like it's never going to let it go. Make a big batch of these babies, and get that remote ready.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound of bacon (two strips for each mozzarella stick)
- Approximately six mozzarella cheese sticks
- Oil for frying (I use canola)
- Ranch dressing for dipping... or any other dippers you'd like
1. The first thing you need to do is FREEZE THE CHEESE, at least for a few hours.
2. Lay out a slice of bacon, and place a frozen cheese stick onto it, pulling up the bacon ends to cover each end of cheese.
3. Now wrap another slice of bacon around the cheese stick, using it to secure the first bacon slice. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon while frying.
4. Fry them up in hot (350 degree) oil until they're crispy and golden, and let them cool on some paper towels.
5. Serve them with some ranch dressing, and dig in! Enjoy!
Images: Oh, Bite It!