7 Ways The 'Mockingjay, Part 2' Poster Will Get You Psyched For November — IMAGE
It's almost as if the Hunger Games people know that most of us aren't going to make it to the premiere date of the final film in the franchise without some help, because they've really been staggering the promotional efforts. Mockingjay Part 2 doesn't come out until Thanksgiving, which is an unbelievably long time away, but we've been getting little nuggets dropped in the meantime to keep our spirits up, like the first teaser poster for Mockingjay, Part 2, which was released today. It's super simple, but even just looking at it, it gives us seven reasons to be excited about the fourth and final movie. And here they are now!
- There's no circle around the Mockingjay. Finally breaking free of our constraints, perhaps??
- "The fire will burn forever." With a tagline like that, it makes a girl dare to dream that there will be more movies after this one, even though it's supposed to be the last.
- Is that bird armored? Pretty sure it's an allegory for what a badass Katniss is.
- It's on fire but still flying. President Snow can't hold us down.
- Also looks like a pretty happy bird, y'know? Proud but not smug. I can get behind that bird.
- Looks like a pretty hot fire. Hopefully that means we can expect some spicy romance action from the love triangle of Katniss, Peeta, and Gale.
- November 20. No matter how far away that sounds right now, it's good to have a date to get excited for and start counting down to.
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!