Macaroni And Cheese Mozzarella Bombs By Oh Bite It Are Every Cheese Lover's Wildest Dreams Come True
This may come as a huge surprise, but my love for all things gooey and cheesy is alive and well, as proven here... once again! I mean, what’s better than cheese stuffed with more cheese? UH, NOT much! And that’s what we have here with these mac 'n cheese mozzarella bombs. Each of these toasty, ooey, gooey balls of mac 'n cheese is literally exploding with miles of melty mozzarella in a one-of-a-kind mouth experience like no other. Make a batch of these for the next game day or Netflix binge-watching, and you will be in cheese-on-cheese heaven.
What you'll need:
- 2 cups of prepared mac 'n cheese
- Whole milk mozzarella, fresh (use one 1-inch cube per bomb)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Oil for frying (I use canola)
1. In a large bowl, combine the mac 'n cheese with the flour. Add in the beaten eggs. Stir well to combine.
2. Cube up the mozzarella into 1-inch cubes.
3. Add the bread crumbs and the grated parm into a shallow bowl. Mix to combine.
4. Take about two tablespoons of the mac 'n cheese, and mold it around a cheese cube. This is a messy job, but SO WORTH IT.
5. Plop it down into the bread crumbs, and evenly coat the bombs.
6. Now it will be easier to handle. Place them on a plate and into the freezer while the oil heats up to 350 degrees.
7. Fry them up one at a time until they are evenly golden on all sides. Serve them super warm and gooey. Enjoy!
Images: Oh Bite It (3)