Graduate From College? 12 Reasons Why The Week After Commencement Is The Best Week Of Your Life
Whether you're graduating from high school or college, one thing is for sure: the week after graduation will be one of the best weeks of your life. Even if you're not excited to graduate, even if you're dreading the next step in your future, even if you feel like you may have just failed a final, I promise you, this much-deserved week of post-graduation parties, excitement, and all-around happiness is one of the most magical weeks of a person's life.
There's just so much to be happy and thankful for. If you're a graduating high school senior, you're anxiously looking forward to spending the next four years in college, which is obviously the absolute best. If you're a graduating college senior, you've got your whole life ahead of you, and the possibilities are scary, but thrilling. The week after graduation is like a little bubble in time where you don't have to do or worry about anything, you just have to celebrate your accomplishments.
Basically, enjoy it guys, because it doesn't last forever, and one day it will just be a distant memory. Take lots of Instagram pictures, unabashedly pronounce your love for your BFFs, and feel happy for yourself. You earned it! In case you're doubting me, here are 12 reasons the week after graduation is the best week of your life.
1. Everyone gets super nostalgic and lovey-dovey.
All of the old fights and silly drama is non-existent for a little while, and everyone just loves each other. It's nice!
2. Parties. So. Many. Parties.
Ain't no party like a graduation party!
3. You get gifts and money from relatives and friends.
What could be better than that?!
4. All everyone wants to do is reflect on the last few years.
You get to talk about a bunch of amazing memories you probably forgot about until just now.
5. There's no pressure.
You're in that sweet in-between time when you're still on a high from finishing school, and you don't yet feel stressed about going into college or starting/finding a new job.
6. You've just finished exams, and you know you have a few schoolwork-free weeks ahead of you.
That feeling right there? Pure bliss.
7. You spend a ton of time with your friends doing ridiculous things.
Now that you have no obligations, anything suddenly seems possible.
8. Everyone is happy for you, and constantly congratulating you.
And that just feels nice.
9. It's summer, so you finally get to enjoy the warm weather.
Oh hello there, best season ever.
10. You feel accomplished and proud of yourself.
And with good reason, I might add.
11. You spend a lot of time with a lot of people drunk-talking about how much you love each other.
And everyone knows drunk talks like these are the BEST.
12. You feel totally and completely free.
Enjoy it while it lasts, guys. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Images: Warner Bros.; Giphy.com