A Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe To End All Ice Cream Sandwich Recipes
This is it, guys. This is the best ice cream sandwich you will ever eat. Not to mention, it's the best ice cream sandwich you will ever lay eyes on. Oh, and as if that wasn't enough, this is also the easiest ice cream sandwich you will ever make. Don't believe me? Allow me to walk you through it.
Start with a simple chocolate chip cookie recipe, so you can sandwich your ice cream between sweet, delicious, freshly baked goods. Keep everyone out of the kitchen, because these babies smell absolutely incredible as they're baking, and people will be trying to devour them immediately before you can use them for your ice cream sandwich (and that would be truly tragic). Next, cut the bottom half of the ice cream pint off, and remove the paper, leaving you with the perfect ice cream circle. Stack two cookies on the bottom, fill it with the ice cream, and put two more cookies on top. (Wanna get really crazy? Decorate that top cookie with Cookie Crisps!) Finally, drizzle everything with hot fudge, give it a swirl of whipped cream, and sprinkle on some chocolate chips. You have just won summer with the ice cream sandwich to end all ice cream sandwiches.
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pint of cookie dough ice cream
- Hot fudge
- Whipped cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cookie Crisps
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Circle cookie cutter
- Mixing bowl
- Serving plate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Wash your hands.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all cookie ingredients, and mix together with your hand until it's well combined.
3. Flatten out dough over parchment paper, and cut circles lying roughly one inch apart on the baking tray.
4. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. If you'd like to top your cookie with Cookie Crisps, which you will do, bake the cookies for 10 minutes, remove them from the oven, top with Crisps, and place in the oven for one to two additional minutes.
5. Let cookies cool completely.
6. Cut the bottom portion of the ice cream pint off in order to achieve a perfect circle of ice cream. Assemble your ice cream sandwich by stacking two cookies on bottom and top. Top with desired toppings, and enjoy!
Images: Public Lives, Secret Recipes (3)