Bacon Shot Glasses By Oh Bite It Will Leave You Completely Speechless — Here's How To Make Them
Come on, it was only a matter of time around here until the glorious beauty of bacon collided with the bubbling beauty of booze... right? RIGHT! I mean, what fun is doing a plain old typical shot when you can do a shot and then have an immediate snack after? A bacon chaser, if you will. Making these bacon shot glasses couldn’t be any easier. In a matter of minutes, you too can have your friends and loved ones completely concerned about your mental well-being — good times.
Let me tell you — if you thought you enjoyed your booze and bacon before, just wait until you’ve had some booze-soaked bacon. It’s tipsy-terrific! This shot is fun, practical, and tasty. Yeah, people might think you’ve lost your mind, but as I always like to say, sanity is overrated — cheers! Not to mention Father’s Day is right around the corner, and these are the perfect little treat for the dad who has "everything."
What you’ll need for three bacon, booze-filled shot glasses:
- 1 lb. thin-sliced bacon... NOT thick-cut!
- Your favorite vodka or shot (I think a nice maple vodka would be AWESOME!)
- A shot glass
- Some frosting... it may or may not be needed
1. Simply wrap about three to four slices of bacon around the outer part of a shot glass, making sure to overlap the bacon to allow for it to shrink and still keep a leak-proof seal. Secure the bacon onto the glass with some toothpicks.
2. Microwave it on a plate for approximately one to two minutes, depending on your microwave. Just make sure that the bacon is golden and not over cooked.
3. Carefully remove the formed bacon from the exterior of the glass while it’s still warm. Be careful not to burn your fingers, but this is a hot job. If you don’t remove the bacon while it’s warm, it will stick to the glass. I mean you can still take your shot, so don’t panic... it just won’t look as cute.
4. When you’ve removed the bacon, manipulate it a bit to make sure it’s a shape you like, and let it cool completely.
5. If you need to fill in some gaps in the bacon so you don’t spring any leaks, no worries! Just GENTLY smear some frosting into the bottom, or fill any holes, and let it dry.
6. Then, fill it up with your fave booze, and slam it. Eat that bacon shot glass right after, as it is the world’s best bacony-booze-chaser EVER.
Images: Oh, Bite It