Cookie Dough S'more Skillets Are Everything You Need This Summer — No Campfire Necessary
First we had avocado toast. Next, it seemed you couldn't order (or Instagram) any dish that didn't have an egg on it in some way, shape, or form. Now it seems the latest food fad is the s'more skillet. Hey — I'm not complaining! I decided to give this trend a new twist in the form of this cookie dough s'more skillet. Take your average summer treat, and create a delicious and unique dish for all to share. Share, that is, unless you're sitting in front of your computer spending some quality time with your favorite television show, in which case you'll probably want to finish this alone... (seriously, no judgement).
Oh, and did I mention it is beyond simple to make? I'm talkin' opening a bag of chocolate chips, pouring them in a skillet, repeating those steps but with mini marshmallows, and then halfway through baking, topping the whole thing off with cookie dough. See? Super easy. This isn't so much a grownup take on your favorite summertime childhood treat as it is just an amazingly delicious upgrade. Here's what you need to get started:
- Cookie dough (can be store-bought or homemade)
- Marshmallows (can be mini or regular size)
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Graham crackers (for serving)
- Small skillet
- Serving plates
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Pour chocolate chips into the bottom of the skillet, and smooth it out with your hand to create an even layer.
3. Top with marshmallows. Bake for three minutes.
4. Top with cookie dough in various spots, and place it back in the oven to bake for an additional five minutes, or until marshmallows are toasted to your liking.
5. Serve immediately with graham crackers, but be cautious as the dip will be very hot! Enjoy!
Images: Public Lives, Secret Recipes (4)