How To Make Pizza Rolls That Are Better Than Anything You'll Find In The Grocery Store Freezer Section
Some of life's greatest tiny pleasures can be found hiding in the freezer section of your closest grocery store, including, of course, pizza rolls. But while nuking a batch of these baby pizza treats in the microwave for five minutes is just about as easy as it gets, consider learning how to make your own pizza rolls from scratch. Spoon University has a genius recipe that will take you 10 minutes flat, and the result is a ridiculously delicious update to your old snacktime favorite.
We all know that Hot Pockets were God’s answer to the burning question, “How can I make my pizza more fun to eat?” Unfortunately, the devil got a piece of the action as well. He never fails to scald the insides of our mouths as we take that first bite of lukewarm bread only to reach the fiery cheese and sauce within.
Enter our better solution: the homemade pizza roll. This simple pizza roll recipe will make Hot Pockets and their dangerous insides a thing of the past. Not only are these pizza rolls a delicious daytime snack or late-night drunchie, but they’re also great for impressing your friends and even your mom (she’ll be proud that you’ve moved on from the microwave to the oven).
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 1 package pepperoni
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup red sauce
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Lay out crescent rolls on a baking sheet.
- Place three to five pepperonis on the wide end of each crescent roll. <img alt="" src="http://1ej8x43yl3fdbkhft1np5ch2.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/06/Pepperoni-GIF.gif" class="article-body-image" title="Image: http://1ej8x43yl3fdbkhft1np5ch2.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/06/Pepperoni-GIF.gif"/>GIF by Kirby Barth
- Place half of a cheese stick across the wide end of the crescent roll. <img alt="" src="http://1ej8x43yl3fdbkhft1np5ch2.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/06/Cheese-Stick-e1433888792315.gif" class="article-body-image" title="Image: http://1ej8x43yl3fdbkhft1np5ch2.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/06/Cheese-Stick-e1433888792315.gif"/>GIF by Kirby Barth
Check out even more ways to eat more pizza in your life: