Sriracha Jello Shots By Oh Bite It Sound Both Terrifying And Amazing At The Same Time, So You'll Just Have To Try Them To Find Out
Just when you thought you’ve seen every single variety of jello shot known to mankind, something comes along to kick boring in the pants, and shake up the world of jello AND shots, all in one terrific tipsy treat. These Sriracha jello shots ARE that thing!! Not only are these jello shots one of a kind, they’re also surprisingly delicious.
When your mind finally wraps itself around their amazing bright and beautiful appearance, your lips will have the time of their lives as they’re gently woken up by the sweet and slightly spicy flavors of cherry jello and sassy Sriracha vodka. The flavor combo is beyond…just beyond anything you can imagine. And surprisingly, they’re NOT too hot at all.
These babies are the star of the show, and will make you the most popular person in the room — for sure. Spice up any occasion with some jello shots that have the biggest "wow" factor on the planet, and will have everyone scrambling and swerving for more! And, these couldn’t be easier, of course. So go get to party-planning and into the kitchen to create some of these sweet and spicy peppers of pure pleasure. Make LOTS!
What You'll Need:
- Fresh Fresno peppers (the red peppers usually next to the jalapeños in the store... these aren’t as hot as jalapeños)
- 1 small (3 oz.) box of cherry jello
- Sriracha vodka (up to one cup, if you’re daring)
- Sriracha (just a splash)
- Rice (just for setting up the shots — not for eating)
1. Fill a sheet pan with some rice, and set aside. Split the peppers, and remove all seeds.
2. In a large bowl, mix up the jello, but replace some of the cold water with the vodka and a splash of Sriracha (alcohol amounts are up to you). The more alcohol, the stronger the shot will be, so use caution.
3. Now, place the peppers nestled down into the rice, and carefully spoon the jello into them, filling them up. Place them in the fridge to set up. Once they're firm to touch, they're ready to share.
4. Remove them from the pan, making sure to remove any rice that may have stuck to the bottom of the peppers so they’re SUPER pretty. And now, you can take a super sweet and spicy shot that you’ve been waiting for (or 12). But definitely don’t enjoy these alone — they’re way too good not to share! Unless… they’re already gone. Enjoy!
Images: Oh Bite It