Deep-Fried Grilled Cheese Is Almost Too Much To Handle, But You're Going To Want To Try It Anyway — Recipe
Just when you thought there was nothing left to do with cheese and bread, along comes a twist so crazy, so outrageous, that it actually improves that comforting classic combo. Didn’t think it was possible to take a gooey grilled cheese sandwich to the next level? Well, take a peek at this — ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the deep-fried grilled cheese. See? I think we came pretty darn close, don’t you? YES! Is there nothing that can’t be improved by frying it? I don’t think so!
Each bite of these warm, ooey-gooey, succulent sandwiches packs a crispy-shell crunch of crazy that will take your taste buds to the moon and back. Once you crunch through that toasty bread and sink down deep into waves of wonderfully warm rivers of cheese, you will never be the same. Jazz up that tomato soup like no other, and make lots.
What You'll Need For Three Sandwiches:
- 6 slices of your fave bread
- 6 slices of cheese (I used good old American)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs mixed with a splash of water
- Oil for frying (I used canola)
1. Start by layering two slices of cheese between two slices of bread. Now, coat it in the flour, making sure to get the edges.
2. Dip it into the egg and then into the panko crumbs, coating evenly. Don't be shy!
3. Fry them up in the hot (350 degree) oil, one at a time. Your oil must be hot enough to hold the goodness together.
4. Keep going until they are golden on all sides. Serve them warm, so they do this:
5. Try to share some, if you can... or not. Enjoy!
Images: Oh Bite It (5)