UPDATED: Police announced at 6:30 p.m. that, although there had been an isolated shooting incident between two men in the mall, there was not an active shooter situation.
EARLIER: Police responded Monday to reports of an active shooter at the Northwoods Mall in Charleston, South Carolina, according to Reuters. ABC 15 News confirmed that the call came in at around 5:30 p.m. ET; however, Charleston Mayor Keith Summey said less than an hour later that, although shots had been fired in the mall, there was no active shooter, according to the Post and Courier. Summey also said that nobody was injured in the shooting, but there was some property damage and an older person may have fallen.
Multiple witnesses told the Post and Courier that Northwoods Mall has been evacuated, and video footage of the aftermath shows police and other emergency vehicles clustered by the mall's entrance. There was also at least one helicopter circling above the building, the Post and Courier reported.
Spencer Pryor, a spokesman for the North Charleston police, said that two men started arguing with one another in the mall at around 5:30 p.m. ET. The men were told to leave, Pryor said, at which point they began shooting at one another. Police say that they are currently searching for the two men, who reportedly left the mall shortly after firing on each other.
One eyewitness told the Post and Courier that she heard a single gunshot from the mall restaurant at which she works. Another eyewitness who works at a kiosk on the mall told the Post and Courier that she heard shouts of "shooter, shooter!," followed by a "stampede" of people fleeing the building. She said shoppers were running "out of their shoes" and that at one point, a woman scooped her baby out of a stroller before leaving.