What To Write In A Valentine’s Day 2018 Card If You Can’t Find The Right Words
Most people have a strong opinion about celebrating Valentine's Day. I mean, it's a holiday that's dedicated to celebrating love — of course it's going to be a bit polarizing. However, the day doesn't have to be about celebrating romantic love, which is usually the reason people end up hating on it. On Valentine's Day, one can celebrate the love of anything from the love they have for their friends to the love they have for their dog. Really, it's just about any love. If you are one of the millions who will be celebrating the holiday on Feb. 14, though, you'll probably agree that finding the words to express the love you feel for others can be tricky at times — and figuring out what to write in a Valentine's Day card can feel like a lot of pressure.
Whether it's your first Valentine's Day with your bae or your thousandth Valentine's Day with your bestie, having a day set aside to remind each other of the love you share is wonderful. It's an opportunity to tell your BFF, significant other, cat, whatever, how important they are to you and why you deeply value having them in your life.
Speaking of messages, are you looking for some word inspiration this Valentine's Day? Read on for the best quotes to write in a Valentine's Day card which are sure to capture your feelings this holiday.
1. "The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." — Rumi
2. "There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved." — George Sand
3. "I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)." — E.E. Cummings
4. "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you ... I could walk through my garden forever." — Alfred Tennyson
5. "We loved with a love that was more than love." — Edgar Allen Poe
6. "Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning." — Paulo Coelho
7. "Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply." — Zane Grey
8. "You can't blame gravity for falling in love." — Albert Einstein
9. "Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." — Loretta Young
10. "There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough." — Nicholas Sparks
11. "We are most alive when we're in love." — John Updike
12. "Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same." — Emily Brontë
13. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." — A.A. Milne
14. "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." — Judy Garland
15. "Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet." — Katharine Lee Bates
16. "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." — Franklin P. Jones
17. "One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving." — Paulo Coelho
18. "The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love." — Margaret Atwood
19. "Love is friendship that has caught fire." — Ann Landers
20. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." — Audrey Hepburn
21. "Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it." — Nicholas Sparks
22. "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home." — Stephanie Perkins
23. "Falling in love is easy. Falling in love with the same person repeatedly is extraordinary." — Crystal Woods
Use this Valentine's Day — and every other day — as an opportunity to tell the person you love how you feel. All that's left now is to fill out the card.