Trainer James Shapiro says this is one of his favorite tricep exercises.
- Lie on bench, dumbbell in each hand, palms facing in.
- Lift dumbbells over face.
- Bend elbows so weight drops behind head.
- Straighten arms to lift weights back up.
Do 12 reps, 2 sets.
Getty Images/ RichLegg
Here’s another move from Skye that targets the triceps.
- Kneel, hold dumbbell in one hand above head.
- Slowly bend elbow, lower weight behind head. Weight follows path of spine.
- At lowest point, straighten elbow to extend weight back up.
Do 10 reps per arm.
Fitness pro Laurie Alfano says this targets triceps without straining the shoulders.
- Lie on your back, knees bent, feet on mat.
- Hold dumbbell in both hands. Hover weight above abs.
- Bend elbows down to touch mat.
- Press weight back up.
Do 3 sets, 15 reps.