Grace Cary/Moment/Getty Images
CARs, which stands for controlled articular rotations, are another way to relieve pressure on the median nerve, says Frayna.
- Make your hands into two fists.
- Move wrists in towards each other, then away.
- Feel a stretch in your wrists and forearms.
This stretch helps relieve pain that can be caused by excessive typing, says Frayna.
- Hold up your hand.
- Touch your pointer finger to your thumb.
- Repeat with each finger, touching each one to your thumb.
- Do the same with your other hand.
Anthony Pavlich, DPT recommends this move to improve grip strength and reduce muscle weakness.
- Hold a scrunched-up cloth or stress ball.
- Squeeze, slowly relax.
- If it hurts, stop.
- Repeat throughout the day.
- Let a doctor know if your pain doesn’t go away.