Ergin Yalcin/E+/Getty Images
This lunge variation hits your glutes and calves, says Lewis.
- Step forward with one foot.
- Bend both knees to 90-degrees as you lower into a lunge.
- Use front leg to push up, stand, and step forward with your other leg.
- Do 3 sets, 12 reps.
Getty Images/ Ian Spanier
Gravelle says these engage shoulders, chest, core, abs, and glutes.
- Start in a plank, hands on dumbbells.
- Rotate to side plank, raise dumbbell into air.
- Return to plank. Do push-up. Rotate to other side. Raise that hand holding dumbbell.
- Do 3 sets of 25.
Another standing ab exercise to try:
- With hands at ears, rotate torso and take opposite elbow to opposite knee.
- Engage your obliques to maintain balance, says Kelly.
- Do 20 reps on each side.
Getty Images/ Kevin Kozicki
This move strengthens the muscles along your spine, glutes, and hamstrings, says trainer Shari Roberson Belmarez.
- While standing, hinge at your waist.
- Engage core.
- Lean forward until your back is flat.
- Pause. Slowly come back up.
- Do 10 reps.