Feder says your core muscles play a key role in your swing.
- Set cable at mid-body, medium weight.
- Stand sideways to machine.
- With both arms out straight, twist torso to pull cable across your body.
- Slowly return to start.
- Do 10 reps per side, 3 sets.
This exercise targets your lower back, hamstrings, and glutes.
- Feet together, dumbbell in each hand.
- Let weights hang in front of thighs.
- Bow down, let one leg lift behind you.
- Lower DB to floor.
- Stand. Repeat 10 reps, 3x.
Since your hips also come into play, it’ll help to do moves that target that area.
- Stand sideways next to 12” platform.
- Step up so all your weight is on one leg.
- Step down to starting position.
- Repeat 15 times on each leg.
Hit your tricep muscles with this move so you have more control over your club.
- Sit in a chair.
- Grip the seat of the chair with both hands.
- Lower your bum down to just above the floor.
- Engage triceps to lift and lower.
- Aim for 15 reps, 3 sets.