Rowan Jordan/E+/Getty Images
Galina Zhigalova / EyeEm/EyeEm/Getty Images
Freeman’s go-to for hitting the tricep muscles:
1. Hold weights down by your sides, palms facing behind you.
2. Push your arms straight back & towards each other.
3. Continue for one minute, then pulse for 30 seconds.
Getty Images/ thianchai sitthikongsak
D’Agnese’s go-to for hitting your arm, core, and back muscles.
1. Start in a plank with hands wider than shoulders.
2. Tap one hand to the opposite shoulder, place hand back down. Keep your body as still as possible.
3. Tap your other hand to the opposite shoulder.
To strengthen pecs and back muscles, Gottehrer says to use a challenging weight.
1. Lie on back, legs bent at 90 degrees.
2. Touch weight to the ground above the head.
3. Lift torso with control, reaching for toes. Engage core.
4. Lower slowly.
This move’s push-pull combo hit a lot of upper body muscles at once, says trainer Colette Dong.
1. Lie a towel across the top of your mat.
2. In a high plank, hold towel ends in each hand.
3. Alternate rowing arms to rib cage, as you pull on the towel.