Yoga pro Janet Parker recommends this move to light up the core.
- Sit on floor, hands behind you for support.
- Put both legs up in the air to create a "V" shape.
- Squeeze your abs.
- Reach your arms up long towards your toes.
- Hold for 3 to 5 breaths.
Parker also likes this backbend to engage the abs.
- Press left foot into ground.
- Grab right ankle with right hand.
- Reach left arm forward, gaze ahead.
- Push top of right foot back into hand.
- Reach left arm forward, right leg back.
- Hold 3 breaths.
Yoga pro Claire Larson says this move improves posture and core strength.
- Step legs wide.
- Extend arms into “T” shape.
- Stretch front arm forward and down.
- Lift back arm straight up, reach toward ceiling.
- Slight bend in knees.
- Hold for 3 breaths per side.
Hit your abs, obliques, and back muscles.
- Start in a plank.
- Bring a supporting hand towards middle of mat.
- Shift feet together.
- Lift other arm to ceiling, rotate chest open.
- Option: Rest bottom knee down.
- Keep hips lifted.
- Hold 3 to 5 breaths per side.
Horn says this move works the deep transverse abdominis muscles.
- From downward dog, extend one leg up high.
- Exhale, draw knee in towards nose.
- Round back, draw abs in.
- Inhale, lift leg back up.
- Exhale, bring knee to nose.
- Do 5 rounds on each side.