Fitness pro Joy Puleo says this exercise works the entire upper body.
- Get on all fours, knees under hips, hands under shoulders.
- Straighten one leg, then the other.
- Keep back long.
- Rock forward on toes, bring heels forward and back.
- Repeat rocking for 1 minute.
Dmitry Ageev / EyeEm/EyeEm/Getty Images
This one works the shoulders, Curry says.
- Stand, lift hands to prayer position at chest.
- Keep hands, forearms, elbows glued together.
- Lift arms a few inches up for a pulse.
- Lower back to neutral.
- Repeat for 40 seconds at a quick pace, 4 times.
Cultura RM Exclusive/Jordan Lutes/Image Source/Getty Images
Pilates pro Jacqui Kingswell likes this arm exercise to hit the triceps.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart. Hinge forward at hips.
- Raise arms behind you, palms to sky.
- Slowly lift arms up and down. Squeeze muscles.
- Do 16 to 24 reps.
- Lift arms high and pulse 16 times.
Try this version of a push-up from trainer Jacqueline Davis Moranti to light up your arms.
- Stand, hinge forward at hips.
- Walk hands out to a push-up position, hands under shoulders.
- Lower body into push-up.
- Press up, walk hands back to standing.
- Try 8 to 10 reps.