- 20 bridges with heavy band on thighs.
- Lift into bridge again, but press thighs apart at top. Resist as you bring knees together. Lower down, 20 reps.
- 10 single-leg bridges. From bridge, straighten one leg.
- Band at ankles, quickly jump feet out and in, 30 seconds.
- 10 jumping jacks, band at ankles.
- Push-up position, band at knees. Jump feet in and out, 10 reps.
- Cross country skiers, band at ankles. 30 seconds.
- Bridges, band at knees. 1 minute.
From trainer Christine VanDoren, CPT:
- Glute bridges, band above knees. 4 sets of 20 reps.
- Banded kickbacks, 3 sets of 12 per leg.
- Fire hydrants, band above knees. 4 sets of 15 per side.
Getty Images/Lane Oatey / Blue Jean Images
- Mountain climbers: In plank with band looped around feet. 2 sets of 50 reps.
- High knee marches: Step up with band around balls of feet. 2 sets of 50 reps.
- Curtsy lunges, band above knees. 3 sets, 12 per side.
Keep band around thighs:
- 15 runner’s lunges.
- 15 kneeling hip thrusts. Hinge at hips, press glutes to heels. Lift back up, extend hips forward, squeeze glutes.
- 15 donkey kicks. On all fours, flex one foot, drive heel toward glute.